Combine is an esoteric sequencer implementing techniques common to modular synthesizers.
It consists of a master device with separate pitch, octave, velocity and duration sequencers whose output is send to all slave devices in the project. Here those free-running sequences will be combined when an activated step is hit resulting in an inter-connected meta composition.
- Master device with separate sequencers for pitch, octave, velocity and duration
- Global control over root note and scale
- A range of selectable pentatonic scales
- Clock divider and length control for all sequencers
- Slave device with 8-step sequencer, chance per step and transposition control
- Unlimited number of slave devices per project
- Chord generator with up to 4 notes and spread control
- Switches to locally toggle master sequences
- Note and velocity monitor
- No midi routing necessary
- Place one (just one!) master device anywhere in your project and set up a sequence
- Use as many slave devices as you want to sequence your instruments. No Midi routing necessary.
- Slave device can be out of sync when it is added while the Ableton live set is running. Just restart the transport and everything is back in sync again.
- Adding a second master device will break the inter-device communication